Thursday, April 14, 2011

The last day :-(

Man alive, the last 4 days have gone by like 4 minutes and before I know it, we've checked out of our last guest house for the last time and got but a few hours until we're airport bound.

We've had awesome last few days in sunny Bali, we spent a couple of days in Kuta, then migrated over to Sanur (the posh side). We arrived at around mid-day (what's the point of not having to check out until 12pm unless you make full use of the room until then) and it was hot - dam hot! Everywhere affordable and nice seemed to be full which left us with scabby and expensive. Brett, like a knight in shining armor, missioned it down the road in the heat and found us a perfect guest house with a nice room, a pool, all very idyllic and tranquil , and also affordable! So there we've been staying - at the Swastika Guesthouse! I can't quite get used to saying we're staying at the Swastika Guesthouse, but the symbol did have nice connotations before it was tainted by the natsi (I have no idea how to spell natsi) swines so I guess it's kind of nice to go back to being positive about it.Yesterday we went on a beach crawl, today we're thinking a massage is in order.

Now, I feel I'm just rambling on - I feel all emotional. I've looked forward for so long to going home and I really can't wait to see everyone, but the reality of leaving Brett, who I've lived with for over a year now sucks! Stupid, sucky Australia - why does it have to be on the other side of the world?! I need a drink, a massage and a drink that's what! Anyway, might as well be positive - I have so much to look forward to in sunny England (and it better be sunny because the only shoes I own are flip flops). Plus, it's better to have him in the other side of the world than not have him at all!

So, pep talk to self done, positive thinking all the way! We have but a few hours left in Bali so I'm getting the hell off this computer and into the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment