Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The paradise land

Geez, we have earthquakes to the north, floods to the south, our Guest house owner, Mr Miaggi, prophesising about the end of the world in 2012 - I think it's time to get the hell out of Thailand! Trouble is, that's proving easier said than done. I mean, we had a plan. The plan was to get to Bangkok and then travel down to Malaysia for some culinery delights and blue seas, only that's no longer a good option, with reports of whole roads being washed away down south. We can't afford to fly to Vietnam, haven't got time to go back up north, so decision has been made - we are going to Cambodia. 8 am tomorrow morning, with bags full of healthy road snacks, we will be getting on a bus bound for Cambodia. With any luck avoiding fighting at the Thailand/Cambodia border and on to Siem Reap. Here's hoping that Siem Reap has some good food and coffee to offer.

It's a bit scary how near we're getting to the end of our trip. For months now I've been dreaming of England, remembering through my rose tinted glasses the culture, the pubs, the fish and chips. England to me when I'm away morphs from this cold, rainy country of football yobbos and grey streets to a disney-like paradise land. I spend so many of our long journeys thinking of how much I miss people and how much they mean to me and how it'd been too long since I've been home. I am still excited to be going home and I can't wait to see everyone and drink wine and eat cheese. One big problem is I have to leave Brett behind, which kind of sucks! Sure, he doesn't pay proper attention to my breakfast needs, but he is pretty good to have around and we've kind of got used to always being together. If all the people I love could just live in one bloody country, life would be so much easier! Still, I suppose life isn't meant to be easy. If I just buy a private jet then all my problems are solved! And in the meantime, there's some good times in Cambodia to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment