Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jakarta

Yesterday I felt like I did when I was a child and went to the village carnival and made it my mission to eat as much of all the available food as I could stuff in my little mouth and then I'd feel sick. We spent the day exploring Jakarta and I just ate my way round: everything from deep fried banana, to nasi goreng (mixed rice) to sateys to croissants and coffee - yep, it was good!

We explored Jakarta with the help of Brett and his map, he is one of those map-loving people who like to know where they're going and get there most efficiently. I am not one of these people, maps make my head hurt! Still, I suppose if you travel with one of them map-loving people occasionally you have to compromise sometimes and let the map lead you, so there we were, efficiently navigating our way round Jakarta - then we got a tuk tuk back anyway so I didn't really see the point in us not being lost!

It was a fun day, although Jakarta definitely doesn't make it onto my list of top 10 cities to visit, the food was pretty good! We still seem to be some kind of point of interest, and people kept taking our photos, then a couple even asked if they could come and be in a photo with us - random! Next stop Thailand where hopefully I won't be Quasimodo anymore.

Now I think I've waffled on enough lately so I'm off. Brett's just come in having agreed to take part in a survey outside, except they couldn't understand his accent and asked if he could speak English so they gave up on him. Thailand here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment